Friday 18 March 2016

Current Signature Scents

As far back as I can remember, fragrance has always had a special place in my heart. Just a whiff of a combination of notes can transport you back to a treasured moment in your life, be an extension of your personality and can add a special touch to an outfit. Without further ado here are my favourite signature scents...

Black Opium|(eau de parfum)

Yves Saint Laurent 'Black Opium' EDP 90ml

Notes: Coffee, Pink Pepper, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Vanilla, Patchouli, Cedar

THIS. I love this scent for so many reasons! For me, the most potent note of the perfume is the Coffee that immediately draws you in and sets this fragrance apart from anything else on the market. It's such a sentimental scent to me, because my mum bought this as a gift to me for my graduation and every time I use it takes me back to the cosy, warm vibe of the holiday season. 

Compared to the tried and tested classic that is Opium, Black Opium to me is the younger, rockstar sexy version of the original formulation. The packaging is gorge, with the bottle in the same design as the original but with an all black base infused with glitter (like seriously how glam is this?!) and gold script along the bottle top and on the outside packaging.



Miss Dior|(le parfum)


 Dior 'Miss Dior' le parfum 70ml

Notes: Amber, Patchouli, Rose, Vanilla, Citrus, Balsamic

As you can see in the photo, I have literally used every single drop of this scent because it is sublime! Another one of my favourite all time scents, Miss Dior in the Le Parfum version is Parisian chic in a bottle. Dior is one of my favourite all around brands, and growing up I was always around Dior scents (courtesy of my mum) including Poison, J'adore Dior and Dior Addict; so when browsing around Selfridges looking for a new scent to buy,  I was immediately drawn to the Dior counter and this fragrance in particular.
My mum had bought the Miss Dior Cherie version the year before and I always used to 'borrow' it so to my surprise I was a little sad when I asked to purchase it, the sales assistant told me that it was discontinued. But being the lovely assistant she was, she proceeded to bring out the bottle above and it was love at first sight! The bottle is similar in shape to the cherie version with the silver bow and the houndstooth embossing detail on the underside of the bottle and the white outer packaging with grey detailing. This in my opinion is much more potent, long lasting and gives greater sillage compared to the eau de parfum version, leaving a trail of amber (which I think is the strongest note) with just ONE spray to the wrist.

What are your signature scents? Comment down below!


No comments:

Post a Comment