Tuesday 8 March 2016

#Girlboss: Inspirational women in fashion

In the spirit of international women's day today, I thought it would be great to note down the women in fashion who have inspired me in one way or another. All these women, in my opinion, have trail blazed their own individual way to success and on their own terms. I've included some of my favourite quotes and I hope they inspire you as well on your journey to success!


Carine Roitfeld:
"I have only ever done what I wanted to do. I operate instinctually with no strategy of trying to advance my career. It's the only way to remain creative and always love what you do." From Irreverent by Carrine Roitfeld

Coco Chanel:
"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud"

Pheobe Philo:
"I find mediocrity hard. I find that whole area difficult as I care very much about what I do." Vogue festival talk 2014

Sophia Amoruso:
"Learn to create your own opportunities. Know that there is no finish line; fortune favours action." From #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso

Natalie Massenet:
"My personal ambition remains the same- to be creative, to be modern, to stay one step ahead, to enjoy life. I've learned to take nothing for granted because the rules are changing all the time." Natalie Massenet in British Vogue

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen:
"No is a full sentence." Mary-Kate Olsen in British Vogue

Diane von Furstenberg:
"Generosity is the best investment."

No comments:

Post a Comment